Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Updates On Small Engine servicing

 Bobs Shop: Small Engine Maintenance . (golfcoursemechanics.blogspot.com)

Above link is from 2012.

Winter work is winding down and while waiting on parts I'm starting the small engine service.

Adding on a few things I'm doing different this season.

Using the BG 50 Stihl Blower for and  example.

Starting off with dumping old fuel out first,changed the fuel filter then refill with fresh fuel.

I'll prime the bulb quite a few times to get fresh fuel in the carb to soften up the diaphrams etc. while I service the rest of the unit .

Stihl oil has treatment in it for storage. Also stihl 2 cycle oil likes to carbon up engines too. 

After the fuel I'll check and or replace air filter. Check and or replace plug,but before installing plug I'll put the piston in top dead center and add seafoam to loosen up any carbon on piston.

Next the muffler comes off.


No surprise here. I can tell it's carboned up.

Exhaust port was pretty clean so tipping engine back I'll let this stuff soak in the port . Pistons all the way up blocking port off from cylinder. 

Like this.

Easiest way I found to put the hand blower exhaust back on . 

Double check exhaust gasket stayed in place too. 


 

Video burning and drying out carbon.

Ya there id lots left inside.


After install I adjusted the highspeed jet (closest to air filter) till you get max revs . 
Low speed let idle and adjust till you here it bog .Turn in or out to hear it run smooth and when you hear it back out till it just barely starts to bog and leave it . You’re done unless the idle need turning up .




No comments:

Post a Comment