Monday, April 3, 2023

John Deere 5055E cut edge replacement on loader attachment

It's time . cutting edge is worn back pretty far.

I did do some repairs to it a few years back . 


Starting to peel up on the ends.


If you don't have a plasma cutter,  nows the time to get one.
My amazon find will cut 1/4" . 
Was just good enough and made quick work cutting the front worn section off . 


Using a piece of scrape metal to cut a straight line the best I could.


Leaving old cutting edge on and stacking new one.


Not to bad.




Prepping the new one for welding. It does have to bolt holes if yours came with that type .
Part # W4986


Good use of my tripod stands.
Getting it lined up and tack weld  few spots to hold it in place . 
You will need clamps to hold it together .



Center blade so its even on the ends or sticking out the same amount.






I just filled welded the missing ares on sides.


Laugh if you will at the welds ,but it's not coming off ever lol. 



Chain hook welded on.
Will hopefully keep them from wrapping it around the bucket.




I just filled welded a slope. Would have been quicker and easier to weld a piece of flat bar in place.


Turned out great.

I just need to build up the skid bars on bottom of bucket before it goes back out . 

No comments:

Post a Comment