Thursday, May 6, 2021

Customer grind issue (bedbar grinding)

Got to try some skills on this Q5 18" reel today.

Customer brought it in for repair. Hit a sprinkler head so hard it sheard 4 bedknife screws.

I tried penetrating oil, heat, drilling, easy outs to no avail. 


I've tried welding nuts on broken studs with some success, so I gave it a go on these screws. They were a little beat up and in the holes a way.  


To my surprise they all came out. The bedbar took a beating too. I decided to go ahead and try leveling or truing it up on my grinder  (Bernhard 3000MC anglemaster).
 


Turned out better than expected, saving the bedbar . 






cleaning out the threads before mounting bedknife.


Set up very well and done. 
 

I originally thought the bedbar was needing replacement and decided to experiment with it at upping some skills. I wound up saving the bar and customer some $$$ 


No comments:

Post a Comment