Thursday, June 22, 2023

John Deer 7400 A Terraine cut steering issue


I've replaced the bushings in both units in the past 2 years.

This season I noticed one had some steering to the right and to much left ?

hmm steering shaft was keyed so I didn't pay much attention to location parts.

Although the steering shaft looks to only go on one way, it does not. 

I lay the parts out on bench the way they come off but when your waiting on parts I must have shuffed them around a few times . 

 

centering ram and found wheel was way off.




This steering arm had to be flipped upside down. 

Now looking at it makes sense where it's at an angle to steering shaft . 


Was an easy fix for a change lol


Looks normal now.

And yes the tires balding. It's done intensionally to keep turf damage to a minimium from over zealous operater on tee deck / green  surrounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment