Thursday, November 27, 2014

Foley Bedknife grinder setting .

I have had this grinder for years and tear down and clean up every off season . It always seem to grind a little of the ends of newly mounted bedknives . In the past set up on most reels were OK 80% of the time . Some would cut on the ends but not the middle as well as they could . A light backlap takes care of it . Recently after grinding a new bedknife I put the front face against a new not mounted bedknive and notice the gap in direct relation to my problem . Hmm . ..got me thinking . The front face is not usually if ever distorted .top face on the other hand always are because no to bedbars are the same after a few seasons use .   


Sooo .. I decided to mount a new bedknive and backed this center brace off so only the ends would touch . I kept adjusting it till I could hear the same drag across the entire knife . 


Set up was dead on with little to no contact 



3 reels in a row . OEM HP bedknives  Sweet !!!


3 comments:

  1. 7 reels later even on different makes jac/toro still easily setting up with light to no Contact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.

    Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get
    there! Appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks . I have no idea how it got there . Lol

    ReplyDelete