Wednesday, February 15, 2012

TX JD Gator valve adjustment

 The manual says every 300 hrs. This one has 635 hrs. Manual says to remove rocker cover etc.... The rocker cover can't be removed without removing the extra bracing for the rear end on this machine .
Clean the area around plug and rocker cover before removing them .

In the lower pick I'm finding top dead center with a piece off copper tubing ( a piece of wooden dowel is best ) Keep it centered on the piston and rotate clutch till the intake valve ( the one on the carburetor side )stops in the closed position (up). This is the TDC on the compression/firing stroke .
Check gap with a feeler gauge (.004 to .006 ")
My intake valve was with in spec .
The exhaust was a little of . Use an Allan key to loosen set screw in center of adjusting nut .
Adjust and tighten set screw and recheck gap . Below is the fuse block under the hood . If for some reason the electric dump bed does not move check the 40 amp fuse (orange)it's probably corroded . I have a zip tie around them .

13 comments:

  1. Hello Bob, thanks for this amazing post, I have the same cart 4x2 gator turf tx, with the problem that is always burning the starter solenoid, it works half mile and burned again and also start to blow out the blue fuse in the fuse box. 15amp,this is the 3 starter solenoid that I replace, I already check voltage regulator, I cant find any short, ground, is very hard. Had you done before with something like this? Thanks Bob!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re read your post . You have an actual starter . I'd be checking the key switch and relay t

      Delete
    2. I Will replace key switch, relay, and pedal switch. starter solenoid opens when I push pedal gas, just with key in contact. I will start on this first and see, do you have by chance wiring map on this model? w0turfd004051 2006 gator turf 4x2 gas traditional tx. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hector Velasquez was my trainer on turf equipment management.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a step and go ? Ill check my computer later and see if their is any work info on it . Key switch: relay ( I think ) pedal switch . Other than that there's not to much else . Every thing wired right on starter /gen ? Just something that started happening or after a repair ( like starter/ gen replaced )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have them for 2015 Tx moturf model . You Might be able to find it on line

      Delete
  4. Ey Bob, when I replace the starter solenoid I could not find ones on 14v and I replace for a 12v instead do you thing that maybe could be a problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that would be possible . It may need to be 14 v might be drawing over 12 on start up

      Delete
  5. you right Bob, I change the starter solenoid for 14v one and it has been working some miles with no problem. I dont know the reason but is very hard to find conventional starter solenoid on 14v.
    so I put an used one and is working good! Thanks Bob for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intake vale adjusted now how do you adjust exhaust vale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same they are both ready for adjustment .

    ReplyDelete