Had one machine come in with almost new reels on it . Rear reel had 3 chunks out of it and one front one had 1 piece out of one . Instead of throwing it out I repaired it like this . It's our approach cut mower , cutting at .5 " . and I have done it in the past with good success . I used an old bedknife and cut the pieces out that I needed . I started off squaring up the breaks and used a stick welder with 1/16 th rod around 40 amps . to weld most of it in . on the cut side i turned the welder as low as i it would go so it wouldn't burn through . I also left the bedbar set up so I could grind of the extra . Then throw it on the grinder to finish off . My 3 broken lane jac reel cut all the way across like new afterwards .