Saturday, March 23, 2019

Toro 5800 Boom lighting for night spraying


My Super" Chris "had a challenge for me to get some sort of lighting so we can see spray patterns at night in case a nozzle gets plugged . ( spot checking ) we where thinking of some sort of bar hanging out the rear with lights pointing back at booms . Great idea but my experience with any thing hanging past booms would eventually get backed into something . I had another Idea to run by Chris . 


 First I like to rust proof the underside of sprayers once a year for preventive rust management .

After doing a little research on LED lighting I found these exterior use LEDs at Princess Auto . Cleaned them out but will get more later .


 Comes with brackets that bolt to shroud . They have a really good gripe on the light bar . 




Mounting 2 to wings and one to center booms . LED light shortage . Would like 3 more to install at a later date .


Really impressed at how bright they are . I know pigment might or will get on them . That's fine wipe them off during your flush . I think that even if some pigment gets on them you should still be able to see the spray . The're that bright . 
 Wiring a switch to put in dash . I had overhead lighting already wired into front lights but Spray tech said their was enough light and didn't need it . So reusing that line and running it to the rear I'm able to fuse switch it separately if they want from lights .  



Lots of switch plugs . Nice clean install . A little advertising for Veseys to lol .

 Fuse accessible through glove box . Leave fuse out till your done wiring everything in . 


 I think this may be a keeper . looken pretty promising .

Working as a team gets things down and enjoyable . 



No comments:

Post a Comment