Thursday, October 30, 2014

Toro 4300/5410 grease shield

Small, issue ,but when servicing these mowers I find grease dispenses off the drive shaft and landing on top of the battery and inside the cab . It can get pretty dirty and difficult to check fluid in the battery .

Here is what happens . Grease everywhere .



I started out by cutting a piece of sheet metal and drilling a hole . There is a bracket already there to support it .


Hopefully it will be the last time I have to clean grease off the battery 


Side view to check for clearance by drive shaft and flywheel.


This pick shows one finished using both holes in bracket . I put a bolt up through the bracket hole and double nutted it so I can remove the plate for service easily when needed . I'll be putting them on the 4300 to . 

No comments:

Post a Comment