Friday, February 7, 2014

Maintenance shop automated lighting

This is a pretty cool idea I seen on a twitter post that one of the course have done at their facility. I tried it out in my office first . After installing it you can really tell how often the lights were left on before by seeing the light off most of the time . I'm thinking 80 to 90% of the time I'm there I'm not in the office . Yes .....Yes you could save yourself even more if you just turn the lights off after leaving a room but how many people do that at the work place ? Then trying to get 12 to 15 staff to do it ....impossible . So after the test run I have put them in the offices , lunch room and bathroom . Mostly they are the areas that are vacant 80% of the time .

Work very well . You just get anywhere near 15 ft. sight line and it comes on automatically . 

2 comments:

  1. What brand did you use? I recently installed a motion detector for my shop lights too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine at Kent Homes . But the bathroom fan one we have is rated for an additional 1/10th motor .They where around 29$ a piece .but If I had shopped around I found one place that had the same one for 21$.

    http://www.kent.ca/kbs/en/product.jsp?prdId=6823988&skuId=6823988&catalogId=709

    Cooper was the name brand .

    ReplyDelete